JD for the role as discussed
- Must have a strong background in information technology with a clear understanding of the challenges of information security
- Must have ability to demonstrate a dynamic interest in solving information security issues; analytical ability to break down problems into constituent parts; flexibility to handle several information security issues simultaneously.
- Must have ability to communicate well and demonstrate a good understanding of customer issues together with the aptitude to develop a natural empathy with customers in relation to their business requirements.
- Must have ability to work in a team environment and on your own initiative and the desire to work on escalated issues from other team members
- Establish, document and distribute security policies and procedures and baseline standards
- Ensure that compliance is adhered to and advise on correct methodology to apply in terms of overall security
- Ensure that periodic review of all Security Policies and Procedures , Ensure that security incidents are followed up in an efficient and effective manner
- Ensure that security incidents are handled and communicated in accordance to the Company Security Incident Response Plan
- ICT Governance – assure that the investments in IT generate business value, and mitigate the risks that are associated with IT
- Security Assessment Support in processes like Change Management , BCP and DR
- user access management (access rights, passwords, joiners, movers and leaver), Periodic log analysis
- assisting with incidents and investigations
- assisting with risk assessment performing/risk treatment performing , assisting in corrective and preventive actions
- assisting in Internal and external Audits