Career OpportunitiesHelp Us… Help You
Synopsis Ashish Desai , MBA Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies, BE – VJTI
Ashish comes with a vast experience of over 20 years in the areas of banking, financial services and technology. His core expertise is towards digital transactions, payment platforms, branchless banking, Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) and Micro Finance Institute (MFI) lending and structuring NBFC lending.
He is currently with Aditya Birla Idea Payments Bank as Sr VP and Head of Product and Process, Business Head – Lending Partnership. He is responsible/ in charge of
- Product designing, product development and management,
- Product and payment partnerships
- Building robust payment solution for retail and SME businesses.
- Set up and manage the platform, process and business solution
- Structured flow-based lending based on payment transactional history – Book size of 50 Cr in 4 months
He was with Cedar Consulting Inc. – Digital Banking Transformation. Key achievements –
- Development of Cross sell, product sequencing and default predictive models for digital lending
- Financial & business due diligence of payment processing company
- Implementation of Core banking and digital channels
- Supply chain finance for MSME, using FMCG transactional data for a Multilateral agency funded project
In his past roles, Ashish has been an integral part in rolling out and managing digital and branchless banking, setting up new line of business in the fintech space across Africa, UK and South East Asia. He has worked with First Rand Bank Ltd / First National Bank South Africa where he was responsible for P&L for Digital Banking and financial inclusion line of business, Digital process and analytics driven lending. He has worked with well-established companies like Orascom Telecom Holding – Group and Mahindra Comviva Ltd.